Application rules and procedures:
- Submissions are open to independent filmmakers and students.
- Entries for the 2018 Festival will open May 15th, 2018
- Application Fees:
- Independent Filmmakers – $15
- College Students – $10
- High School Students – FREE
- Only five categories are considered for application:
- (1) Fiction
- (2) Documentary
- (3) Students in College (in any form)
- (4) Students in High School (in any form).
- (5) Special Category: The Spirit of Appalachia
- The final deadline for submissions TBD
- Films must be 15 minutes or less (including credits).
- In your cover letter, please explain how your film or any filmmakers involved with the production are associated with Southwest Virginia, Appalachia and the surrounding areas.
- Hard copies will not be considered. Screening copies should be available on Vimeo, YouTube, or any other streaming site. Files requiring download will not be considered. We will contact you for a high-quality version if your film is selected.
- You must hold the appropriate rights to be able to screen the film to a public audience.
- Notification for presentations in the festival will be notified by TBD